You can apply for positions HERE!
Position Title: Pharmacist
Locations: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
Reports to: Pharmacy Manager
Works under the direction of the Pharmacy Manager. The Pharmacist will supervise pharmacy technicians to prepare and dispense prescription medication and pharmaceutical products for patient care. The Pharmacist will monitor for the accuracy of the prescription and will counsel patients on the appropriate use of medications. The Pharmacist will be responsible for the supervision of the Patient Management Program and delivery of services as required.
1. Verify prescriptions for drug interaction, allergic effects, accuracy and suitability
2. Collaborate with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of drugs and drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications and characteristics
3. Prepare and dispense medications, as needed
4. Supervise the ordering of drugs, pharmaceutical supplies and other medical supplies maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly
5. Manage inventory of controlled substances and ensure proper use
6. Maintain accuracy in the shipping of medications to consumers and providers
7. Maintain other records such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, control records for radioactive nuclei and registries for poisons
8. Use computerized database to prepare audit reports
9. Analyze prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance to prevent under or over utilization of medications and harmful interactions
10. Provide patients with information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage
11. Provide specialized services to help patients manage complex medical conditions
12. Advise patients on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health care supplies
13. Offer health promotion and prevention activities, for example, training people to use devices such as blood pressure or diabetes monitors
14. Refer patients to other health professionals and agencies when appropriate
15. Provide direct supervision to pharmacy technicians and pharmacy students
16. Provide direct supervision for dispensing and preparing medications to above personnel
17. Participate in quality initiatives
The above is intended to describe the general nature of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills expected of the incumbent. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties and/or tasks as requested or required by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy. A Pharm D preferred
2. Experience: Previous clinical pharmacy support for clinical programs. Exposure to managed care preferred.
3. Licenses/Certifications: Licensed pharmacist in the state of North Carolina
4. Special Skills:
- Independence with regards to clinical discussions and evaluations
- Ability to use pharmaceutical and medical references literature to provide drug information to health plans, patients and prescribers
- 2nd language spoken preferred.
- Management skills preferred
- Good interpersonal skills required
5. Technical Skills:
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system application
- Digital dexterity e.g. use of computer keyboard
6. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
1. Physical Activities:
Standing, sitting, reaching, grasping, lifting, walking, climbing and kneeling
2. Mental Activities:
Make general decisions in the absence of specific directions, e.g. prioritizing; perform activities requiring sustained concentration e.g. planning