You can apply for positions HERE!
Position Title: Pharmacy Manager
Location: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
Reports to: Director of Pharmacy
Under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy, the Pharmacy Manager will manage pharmacy staff in the performance of the daily administrative/clinical operations associated with the pharmacy. He/she will be responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures. The Pharmacy Manger will also comply with federal and state requirements for monitoring and reporting. They will monitor the performance of pharmacy staff to assure all tasks and functions are conducted as required. They are responsible for pharmacy staff recruitment. They will conduct quality monitoring and reporting.
1. Collaborate with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of drugs and drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications and characteristics
2. Supervise the ordering of drugs, pharmaceutical supplies and other medical supplies; maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly
3. Manage inventory of controlled substances and ensure proper use
4. Maintain other records such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, and inventories
5. Maintain accuracy in the procedures for shipping medications to consumers
6. Use computerized database to prepare audit reports
7. Plan, implement and maintain procedures for mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals, according to policy and legal requirements, to ensure quality, security and proper disposal
8. Assure the safe operation of the pharmacy according to state and federal requirements.
9. Assure pharmacy compliance with FDA mandates and manufacturer restrictions for specific drugs
10. Recruit pharmacist, pharmacy technicians, and pharmacy students
11. Monitor staff performance according to objectives and Quality Management Program
12. Participate in Staff Committee meetings
13. Develop and implement clinical pharmacy programs
14. Assist in the pharmacy on an as needed basis
The above is intended to describe the general nature of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills expected of the incumbent. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties and/or tasks as requested or required by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy. A PharmD preferred
2. Experience: Previous clinical pharmacy support for pharmacy, DM programs, quality and UM. Exposure to managed care preferred. Minimum 1 year experience as a pharmacist.
3. Licenses/Certifications: Licensed pharmacist in the state of North Carolina
4. Special Skills:
- Independence with regards to clinical discussions and evaluations
- Ability to use pharmaceutical and medical references literature to provide drug information to health plans, patients and prescribers
- 2nd language spoken preferred.
- Management skills preferred
- Good interpersonal skills required
5. Technical Skills:
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn a new and complex computer system application
- Digital dexterity e.g. use of computer keyboard
6. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
1. Physical Activities: Standing, sitting, reaching, grasping, lifting, walking, climbing and kneeling
2. Mental Activities: Make general decisions in the absence of specific directions, e.g. prioritizing; perform activities requiring sustained concentration e.g. planning